Bayreuth Return is the first track on the fifth album by Klaus Schulze, TIMEWIND (1975).
Recorded: 3 June 1975
Composer(s): Klaus Schulze
Perfomer(s): Klaus Schulze
Alternative Version(s): Echoes Of Time
The track title is a reference to the nineteenth-century composer Richard Wagner. Bayreuth is the Bavarian town where Wagner had an opera house built for the first performance of his massive Ring Cycle.
Bayreuth Return was recorded live in one take on 3 June 1975 between 10:00 pm and midnight on two-track equipment in Schulzes bedroom.
The bonus track Echoes Of Time on the 2006 Re-release of TIMEWIND is a longer version of Bayreuth Return.
This track was (partly) used for:
- the Belgium film "L'Arriviste" (1977) by Samy Pavel
- the theatre play "Hamlet" by Theater Bremen in 1978
- the theatre play "Vorhänge" by Theater Hildesheim in 1978
- the movie "Ashram in Poona" (1980), by Wolfgang Dobrowolny
- the interview LP DER DEUTSCHE E-MUSIKER KLAUS SCHULZE (1982)
- the German TV film "Vom Kult der großen Mutter" (1989) on BR3 television