Floating is the first track on the sixth album by Klaus Schulze, MOONDAWN (1976).
Recorded: January 1976
Composer(s): Klaus Schulze
Alternate Title(s): Mindphaser [wrongly titled]
Alternative Version(s): Floating Sequence
At the beginning of Floating you can hear "The Lord's Prayer" spoken by an Arabic reciter.
The bonus track Floating Sequence on the 2005 Re-release of MOONDAWN is a different version of Floating.
This track was (partly) used for:
- the suisse film "Forscher des Vertikalen - Auguste Piccard"
- the suisse film "Promenons-Nous"
- the interview LP DER DEUTSCHE E-MUSIKER KLAUS SCHULZE (1982)
- a film of Arts Channel called "The Moguln"(1989)
- MOONDAWN (1976) - (27:15)
- HISTORY OF GERMAN ROCK (1976) [Excerpt, wrongly titled Mindphaser] - (10:20)
- MINDPHASER (1980) [Excerpt, wrongly titled Mindphaser] - (10:20)
- DER DEUTSCHE E-MUSIKER KLAUS SCHULZE (1982) [Excerpt] - (02:30)
- NEW AGE MUSIC (1985) [Excerpt] - (08:22)
- THE ESSENTIAL 73-93 (1994) [Excerpt] - (11:30)
- HARMONIA - LE CHANT DE RÊVES (1998) [Excerpt] - (11:30)
- CHILLOUT MOODS (2001) [Excerpt] - (11:21)
- CHILLOUT MOODS - TUBULAR BELLS (2001) [Excerpt] - (11:21)
- JOHN CAGE TO DAVID BYRNE - FOUR DECADES OF CONTEMPORARY MUSIC (2001) [Excerpt] - (04:55)
- HARMONIA (2001) [Excerpt] - (11:30)
- CHILLEDOUT (2003) [Excerpt] - (11:22)
- KRAUTROCK MASTERS + ECHOES (2010) [Excerpt] - (24:00)