Ludwig II. Von Bayern is the fifth track on the tenth album by Klaus Schulze, "X." (1978). The title refers to Ludwig II. Otto Friedrich Wilhelm (1845-1886), King of Bavaria, Germany.
Recorded: January to summer 1978
Composer(s): Klaus Schulze
Alternate title(s): Ludwig II Von Bayern
There are two official versions of Ludwig II. Von Bayern, the original from the LP release and an altered, remixed and shortend version from the first CD releases. The 2005 reissue used the complete original version.
Ludwig II. Von Bayern is the main theme of the movie "Barracuda" (1978).
Several live performances exist under the names Objet D'Louis, Lodz and Ludwig Revisted.
This track was (partly) used for:
- the Suisse film "Forscher des Vertikalen - Auguste Piccard"
- the Suisse ballet "Altair" by Sinopia
- the video "Grand Canyon" by Norman Beerger
- the German WDR documentary "Haie II" (1978)
- the US thriller "Barracuda" (1978)
- the New Zealand thriller "Next of Kin" (1982)
- the German tv movie "Der Malawi See" (1986)
- the German tv film "Romantic Sisters" (1986)
- the German tv movie "Die Wahrheit, und nichts als die Wahrheit" (1994), ARD